Newport Music Festival
Every July Newport provides the beautiful backdrop for the Newport Music Festival – 25 days of concerts bringing the best in the music world to stunning venues including the Newport mansions (The Breakers, The Elms, and the Chinese Tea House at Marble House), Castle Hill Inn, The Casino Theatre, The Bohlin, Blithewold, and Aldrich Mansion.
This year’s festival will take place from Thursday, July 4 to Sunday, July 28 and present 43 concerts and events.
• Chang-Yong Shin — the debut artist and first prize winner of two International piano competitions — will play some of the most difficult piano pieces ever written.
• Ten-piece jazz band The Harlem 100 will celebrate the Harlem Renaissance.
• An evening at the Breakers with Broadway star Sierra Boggess performing selections from her Broadway roles in Phantom of the Opera and Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
• Piano virtuoso Marc–André Hamelin returns to the Festival with a challenging repertoire.
• Jon Lehrer Dance and international musicians will share the stage at The Casino Theatre.
• Metropolitan Opera Star Nathan Gunn will perform arias and songs from the Great American Songbook at the 51st Annual Gala to benefit the Newport Music Festival’s Education and Outreach program.
• There will be free family-friendly concerts including a Fourth of July Extravaganza, and two concerts at the Newport Art Museum.
For a complete listing of concerts, dates, ticket and Annual Gala information, visit newportmusic.org.